|Product Feature||Material(s) Used|
|High Performance:||Designed to clearly show wind strength and light conditions, using top quality components and materials.|
|Reliable:||Uses proven components to mount windsock and provide lighting.|
|Low Maintenance:||Sealed Stainless Steel bearings, Head Unit with Lighting and Windsock Frame in 316 Stainless Steel, Mast in Galvanized Steel for long life.|
|Simple Low Cost Installation:||Comes complete ready to install, with full instructions and allparts required. Spares package available.|
- Tested to 100mph wind speed.
- 6m / 20ft overall height (to top of windsock) in Galvanised steel to BS 1729.
- Comprises 60mm and 70mm box section mast mounted on 80mm Base Post.
- Mast tilts over on hinge on top of Base Post using for ease of maintenance. It is securely bolted in place during normal use.
- Winch to facilitate safe raising and lowering for maintenance, fitted with automatic brake to prevent accidental lowering.
- Automatic locking pin to secure mast when upright.
- Options consist of painted finish over galvanizing, or different mast height.
- Fabricated entirely from 316 marine-grade stainless steel.
- The light source is fixed, with the frame and shield rotating around it, for maximum reliability. There is no need for an unreliable, expensive slip ring to transfer power to a rotating light. The design is also more responsive as only the windsock frame rotates – not the heavy light.
- Freely rotating cage to mount windsock, mounted on 2 Stainless Steel sealed bearings.
- The lamp is shielded from mouth of windsock to prevent pilot glare, using a shield that rotates with the windsock.
- Lamp used is an 20W compact fluorescent type for low power consumption and long life.
- 2.4m / 8ft long with 60cm / 24” mouth diameter for Ground Base Helipads.
- Made from Day – Glow orange polyester, longer lasting than nylon or cotton.
- Double stitched with marine grade thread for durability.
- Quickly and easily attached to rotating windsock frame with supplied set of cable ties through plated corrosion – resistant grommets. A new set of ties is supplied with every new windsock.
- Obstruction Light above windsock.
- Ex Zone 2 rated illumination.
- Self powered version, where power is supplied by wind generator & solar panel for year round performance.